A Few Facts on Camp Harbor View
- Founded in 2007 and built in just 109 days
- Located on Long Island in Boston Harbor
- Served close to 900 youths ages 11-14 in 2011
- 2 one-month long sessions
- Recruits kids from at-risk neighborhoods and low-income families, but all children in the City of Boston are eligible
- Curriculum based on 5 key areas of development: Leadership Skills, Knowledge Is Power, Sports & Fitness, The Arts, and Aquatics
- Activities include an endless list of sports (including tennis, sailing, swimming, kayaking, basketball and golf), CPR and first aid training, multi-cultural learning opportunities, performing arts and more
- Campers are provided transportation, apparel and 3 meals a day
- Our Leader in Training program continues the relationship with 15-17 year old campers who have “aged out”
- Camp tuition is just $5 for an entire month session!
- Funded solely by private donations
- Year-round Parent Support Groups and social work services are available for CHV parents
- Campers and their families are invited to a number of CHV reunions and meetings throughout the year.
- A "Spring Training" series includes 5 reunions during the off-season, each themed with one of the 5 key areas of development.
Visit our website: www.chvf.org to learn more